Updated April 17, 2023
POINTR Release 2.5
This release is responding to the rapid evolution of wearable devices. We have made a lot of compatibility and performance enhancements for Real Wear HMT-1, Navigator 500, HMT-1Z1 intrinsically safe devices as well as Vuzix and Epson. Please note that Epson Moverio store closed on March 30, 2023. However, all Epson users can download the new version of POINTR directly from our web site. This release also has a number of user experience improvements, e.g. additional visual cues in menus. Following the request of our enterprise customers, high definition raw camera quality photos are now available, which can be used in reports and acceptance documentation.
Previously, we brought the ability for the expert to adjust zoom 8x and video quality levels and to use the flash light on the field expert side remotely. This makes field collaboration on hands-free smart glasses – Epson, Realwear, Vuzix, Google Glass, Hololens – much easier. In POINTR, depending on the network conditions we always retain the image quality and adjust the video frame rate. Unlike commodity collaboration tools which decide on user’s behalf regarding the quality (recall those awfully pixelated images making technical collaboration impossible), in POINTR the user can take fine control, for example, to increase the image quality if the network allows. The Single Sign On with OAuth2.0 now covers three major providers: Amazon Cognito, Ping SSO, and Azure. The performance of the underlying ultra low-latency XRTC streaming has been optimized for 5G networks.
Read more how POINTR supports powerful create, share, organize, report workflows: POINTR generation 2.x.
- High definition raw-camera photos
- Workflow Manager UI
- Flashlight (local and remote): On, Off
- Camera Zoom (local and remote): 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
- Camera Quality Profiles (local and remote): Low, Standard, Medium, High
- Portrait mode for UI
- On-screen live remote collaboration on Win&Mac
- Ability to hide UI e.g. when using on-screen live remote collaboration
- Sticky annotations in on-screen collaboration mode within the screen space
- Field Reports export to PDF and also natively shared on mobile platforms
- Proxy Manager added to Advanced Network Settings
- Call Participant Manager: add, remove, swap users in the group call
- Group call capacity increased by 40% for Enterprise subscribers
- Streaming optimization for 5G ultra low-latency with XRTC
- Video quality and frame-rate upgrade
- Wider frequency range support for high-definition audio quality
- Voice command navigation for Field Notes
- Invite links for call invitations
- Intuitive country code selector
- Seamless switching offline-online during the live call
- Drawing accuracy for annotations and AR annotations with 3D rotations
- Simplified address book, powerful contact search and visualization
- USB camera management on Android
- Robust memory management for stability on smart-glasses
- Managing screen orientation on Google Glass
- Proxy Authentication (In app)
- Safe Performance Mode for video streaming on wearable devices
POINTR for Windows
64-bit, compatible with Windows 7 and above
Download for Windows 64-bit version did not start?
Download Windows 64-bit version manually
Do you need old Windows 32-bit version?
Download Windows 32-bit version manually
Unable to install due to limited IT Admin rights?
Download Extract-To-Desktop version manually
Need Universal Windows App (UWP) for desktop or Hololens?
Download UWP installer locally or directly from Windows Store
POINTR for macOS
64-bit, compatible with MacOS 10.15 and above
Unzip and copy to desktop. If your Mac blocks launching POINTR, right click and select “Open”
POINTR Android APK
Download POINTR for Android devices with no access to Play Store
Support for RealWear (please make sure to download the dedicated version with the voice commands), Epson, Vuzix and other Android-based smart glasses
SHA-2 fingerprint is a cryptographic algorithm to make sure the file is genuine and its content has not been altered. Installer integrity is a very important element of cybersecurity, and in accordance to the cybersecurity best practices we provide SHA-2 fingerprints for all POINTR installers, which you can verify from the command line on your computer:
Windows: certUtil -hashfile setup.zip SHA256
Mac: shasum -a 256 pointr_mac.zip
pointr.apk (mobile and wearables):